I am thrilled and grateful and honored that Stephanie Rose Bird of http://stephanierosebirdstudio.blogspot.com/ has nominated me for the Liebster Award. I’m still in awe with the nomination and so thank you Stephanie for thinking of me! I only know how to be me and to write what I know and the responses I’ve gotten from other bloggers and followers have rocked me in their acceptance and encouragement and to that I thank you all! You all inspire me to keep writing!
So what is this? The word “liebster” is of German origins and it has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, sweetheart and boyfriend, being among them. Some describe this award as a daisy chain. You get nominated for the award and if you choose to accept, you get to nominate additional bloggers for the award. You answer their questions, the new bloggers nominated answer yours.
The rules for accepting this award are:
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
1. What is your favorite day of the year and why?
I don’t know if I have a favorite day per se, but I do have a favorite month and this is August. It’s a bittersweet month with the sadness of the closing of summer and yet full of promise for change with the fall and new beginnings.
2. What fairytale resonates with you the most?
The Little Match Girl because of the braiding of sadness and hope and love. I also deeply love the story the Gift of the Magi but that’s not a fairy tale.
3. What is the most important thing for you to do daily?
Have some quiet time. An absolute MUST.
4. What do you wish you had more time to do?
Write and travel.
5. If money was no object what would you spend your time doing?
I would travel all over the world and experience as much as I can–like climbing ancient steps in Machu Pichu; go on a safari..
6. If you could have one magical ability what would it be?
I think it would be to fly, so I can feel the wind around me and not feel like I live in my car as a commuter!
7. With which animal do you feel those most affinity?
The Bear, for sure. They are such gorgeous creatures that look gentle but are strong and protective.
8. Where do you go for inspiration for your blog?
Honestly? Everything. People, Situations, looking out my back window as I listen to the birds and feel the breeze on my cheeks and just let me mind wander.
9. If you could have a one-on-one interview with any author, poet or artist, living or deceased, who would you interview?
Hands down it would be Maya Angelou or Rene Magritte. Maya because she was such an inspiration simply by being herself and to just sit and talk to her would be a dream. I would also choose the artist Rene Magritte because I’ve always been in love with his paintings and would love to pick his brain as to what goes on in there to create such wonderful, imaginative pieces of art.
10. What would you most like to try that you have never done before?
Oh that’s easy–rock climbing!!
11. Pick one word that sums up your work?
Okay, so next up are 11 Random Facts About Me:
- I learned English from watching Sesame Street-go Bird bird 🙂
- I dreamed of being an artist when I grew up, but when it came time to apply at college, my art got in but not my grades so I changed majors.
- I love driving fast.
- Cooking to me is like meditation and artistry rolled into one.
- My favorite pastime is to people watch.
- I would love to live in Seattle.
- I love being in a city as much as I love the country.
- Though I wish I could live off the grid, I appreciate the benefits of being on the grid too much right now.
- My first car was a bright orange 1967 Mustang.
- I grew up in a haunted house.
- I love to sing.
My nominations for The Liebster Award:
I just love these blogs and the people behind them. The posts are inspiring on so many levels and I really urge you to check them out:
11 Questions for the next Nominees:
1. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
2. What is your favorite season and why?
3. What makes you laugh?
4. What is your favorite movie?
5. If money were no object what would you do?
6. If you could travel to anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
7. What is one thing you’d like to do that you haven’t done yet?
8. What inspires you?
9. If you look up from this post right now, what do you see? What is in front of you?
10. Who is your favorite author?
11. Pick one word that would sum up your writing.